Fast or slow metabolism : The metabolism is a function of our body that is responsible for energy nutrient processing .
Sometimes, because of different factors that affect our health, our metabolism may be faster or slower than average. This metabolic imbalance can sometimes cause more or less serious symptoms.
Discover in this article all the information on the metabolism and what are the consequences of a metabolism that does not work properly . This will also allow you to follow the most appropriate diet possible according to your case.
What is metabolism?
Metabolism is the set of physical and chemical processes that occur in cells. With these changes, nutrients in foods are turned into energy .
The energy produced by the metabolism is used in different vital functions:
- Body temperature
- Elimination of waste by the kidneys and intestines
Metabolism also affects energy expenditure. For this reason, this feature is always taken into account when some people fail to lose weight despite strict diets .
For this reason, it is therefore essential to follow a proper diet in order to naturally regulate the metabolism.
Symptoms of a slow metabolism
People who have a slow metabolism are affected by the following symptoms:
- Difficulty losing weight or frequent weight changes. Fat accumulates more in the hips and legs
- Fatigue and exhaustion
- Digestion slow or difficult
- Tendency to constipation
- Difficulty getting up in the morning
- Tendency to depression, in some cases
Symptoms of rapid metabolism
People who have rapid metabolism are affected by the following symptoms:
- Difficulty gaining weight The fat accumulates more in the arms and the abdomen .
- Constant appetite.
- Poor absorption of nutrients in the intestine
- Excess of energy.
- Tendency to nervousness and anxiety .
- Difficulty falling asleep
Metabolism and nutrition
There is a nutritionist theory that there is a relationship between the type of metabolism and dietary preferences.
From this point of view, it is essential to know the type of food that is best for us to be healthy and prevent overweight. Depending on your type of metabolism, find the most appropriate diet for you.
Diet for rapid metabolism
The type of fast metabolism is for people with a good appetite who generally prefer foods high in fat and protein . These people almost always opt for salty rather than sweet options.
If this is your case, to keep a balanced weight, you must reduce the consumption of carbohydrates, especially sweets and refined flours.
However, it is also very important not to consume too much animal protein . For this, it will try to mix with vegetable proteins such as legumes and nuts.
Greases are not harmful, as long as we opt for good quality ones:
- Cold pressure oils: olive, coconut, sesame, flax
- Dried fruits
- Ghee or clarified butter
- Egg yolk
- Blue fish
You should not forget to combine the portions of protein and fat with a good amount of raw vegetables . You can eat them in juices and gazpachos, smoothies or salads.
If you have a lot of appetite, you should have several meals a day without skipping any of them.
Diet for a slow metabolism
People with slow metabolism tend to gain weight and feel tired, even if they do not eat too much . In this sense, the best solution is to follow a proper diet.
- They generally prefer sweet products , which is a temptation that, in general, is not healthy. It would be advisable to always eat healthy carbohydrates, made with sweeteners such as stevia and whole flours.
Oats, for example, are an excellent cereal to make all kinds of delicious and delicious sweets.
- In addition, you will also need to reduce salt intake, which usually results in swelling and fluid retention.
- When you have a slow metabolism, you usually look for energy in stimulants such as coffee or sugar and energy drinks.
As an alternative, we suggest you prepare your own energy drinks with fruits, ginger, maca, pure cocoa, ginseng, etc.
- In addition, it will also learn to control the consumption of fat . You will need to consume them in moderate amounts and choose the same ones that are recommended in the case of rapid metabolism.
- Consumption of water throughout the day , fasting and off-meal, will also help you to speed up your metabolism.