The arrival of winter causes a decrease in the activity of the immune system; reducing the number of antibodies therefore promotes coughs and colds . These problems can be solved with an infusion of thyme, lemon and honey.
These problems of the respiratory system, which are generally not serious, cause discomfort such as congestion and general discomfort , which makes the person sick.
Its appearance occurs by the proliferation of viruses that lodge in the system and manage to attack by igniting the tissues.
Symptoms tend to get worse over time , although they only last a few days, especially when treated.
Fortunately, in addition to conventional medicines, there are remedies of natural origin whose consumption accelerates their recovery.
Among these, we find the infusion of thyme, lemon and honey, known for its expectorant and anti-inflammatory properties.
We will show you its advantages here, and explain how to prepare it at home by following a few simple steps.
Infusion of thyme, lemon and honey to fight coughs and colds
The infusion is a natural remedy with antiviral properties that, after being assimilated, help reduce the severity of colds and coughs.
These ingredients contain anti-inflammatory compounds that control the irritation of the airways, allowing the expulsion of phlegm and germs.
Its antioxidant properties inhibit the negative effects of free radicals on the lungs and, after facilitating their cleaning, help relieve congestion.
The benefits of thyme
Thyme is an aromatic and medicinal plant that has been used for centuries as a base for developing alternative remedies.
- Remarkable for its high content of vitamin C and iron, two nutrients that promote immune health, increasing the response of antibodies to agents responsible for infections.
- It contains polyphenols and substances such as thymol, known for their ability to relieve cough and tone the airways.
- It has expectorant qualities that reduce the accumulation of mucus, which is crucial for relieving congestion and discomfort.
- Contains a substance called carvacrol, which reduces the presence of germs and toxins.
The benefits of lemon
The lemon is one of the most recommended for the treatment of respiratory problems citrus.
- Rich in vitamins A, C and E, it is an ally of the immune system that helps maintain active and strong defenses.
- Its mineral composition improves the production of red blood cells , which is essential for optimal secretion of antibodies.
- It is a source of dietary fiber that reduces bad cholesterol (LDL), constipation and anxiety.
- Its natural oils clean the airways and inhibit the proliferation of viruses , bacteria and fungi.
The benefits of honey
The honey bee is a medicinal ingredient that has been used as a supplement to improve respiratory and immune health.
- Rich in natural sugars and antibiotic compounds, it is a product that controls coughs, fever and other typical cold symptoms.
- It acts directly on viruses and bacteria, preventing the worsening of respiratory tract infections.
- It is also a natural expectorant that softens the throat and eliminates excess phlegm.
- Contains nutrients that give it anti-inflammatory effects and calms the irritation caused by coughing and sneezing.
How to prepare this infusion of thyme, lemon and honey?
The preparation of this antiviral infusion is very simple in just a few minutes.
You can prepare it in the winter , or whenever you feel the first signs of colds or coughs.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 1 teaspoon of thyme (5 g)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (20 ml)
- 1 tablespoon organic honey (25 g)
- Pour the cup of water into a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- When it reaches the boiling point, turn down the heat and add the thyme.
- Then let it heat for 5 minutes and remove it pan from the heat.
- Wait 10 minutes, then pass the brew into a colander.
- Add lemon juice and honey and stir well.
- Drink one cup of this infusion two to three times a day.
- Try to drink too before going to sleep to calm the symptoms, and thus help you fall asleep.
Are you congested? You feel an irritation of the throat? Prepare this natural drink and enjoy its properties against colds.