Celery is a very beneficial plant for digestion. It stimulates appetite, reduces gas and helps us fight against constipation in an effective and natural way. Discover in this article how to prepare celery to fight against constipation
Celery to regulate the intestine
Celery is a very high fiber vegetable , which cleans the intestine and promotes good evacuation. By consuming it, you will naturally fight against constipation and avoid the damage that some laxatives can do to your intestines.
1. Celery juice
Celery juice, thanks to its high fiber content , is an excellent remedy for relieving constipation.
However, because of its strong flavor, we recommend that you combine it with certain fruits, such as apple, pear or pineapple. Découvrez comment ici.
You can also prepare it, salted as in a gazpacho, with tomato, cucumber, pepper and garlic.
Celery also has a high purifying and diuretic power, that is, it helps you eliminate toxins and liquids . So it’s a good food for a healthy weight loss.
However, we recommend taking it seasonally so as not to overuse kidney function.
It is best to take it outside of meals to make it more effective. For example, half an hour before each of the three main meals of the day.
2. Celery and vegetable broth
If you are a fan of soups, or if you need a comforting recipe in a cold day, you can choose a vegetable broth.
- Celery blends perfectly with all kinds of vegetables: potatoes, leeks, onions, garlic, carrots, cabbage, zucchini, pumpkin, etc.
- Vegetable broths are delicious and light dishes that help you lose weight with their satiating power. They are also the most appropriate accompaniment for a healthy dinner.
However, if you want a more consistent option, you can mix the vegetables with the broth to get a cream, or prepare a soup.
Whether you take celery in broth, soup or vegetable cream, all three ways are a great way to fight against constipation.
3. Smoothie to fight against constipation
We now offer a very effective milkshake to combat constipation in a natural way.
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds (15 g)
- 3 dried prunes
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 organic apple
- ½ cup ground almonds (35 g)
- 1 tablespoon acacia honey or another honey (25 g)
- 1 glass of water (200 ml)
Note : We recommend acacia honey as it is an excellent natural remedy to reduce inflammation of the bowel and promote bowel movements.
- The day before, put the chia seeds and prunes in a glass of water.
- Then, the next day, put all the ingredients in the blender and add the chia seeds, the coreless prunes and the water.
If the apple is organic, you can add it with the skin.
- Blend at least 2 minutes to obtain a creamy texture. If it is too thick, you can add a little more water.
How to take it?
- The best time to take this celery smoothie and regulate bowel function is in the morning, on an empty stomach.
According to traditional Chinese medicine, the most beneficial moment for the intestines is to have breakfast before 7am. However, this smoothie will work even if you take it later.
This drink is very rich in fiber and is very satisfying.
If you are still hungry after this smoothie, you can have breakfast normally. But it is better to wait at least half an hour. This will ensure that the cleansing effect on the bowel has had time to occur.
Throughout the day, especially in the morning, you need to drink plenty of water to help digest the fiber . Otherwise, you could even aggravate intestinal blockage.
You can take this smoothie for several days until you can regulate intestinal transit. If your diet is often low in fiber, the first few days you may notice a slight worsening of constipation as part of the coping process.
With a little patience and plenty of water, you’ll quickly notice the benefits.
If constipation persists despite a balanced, high-fiber diet, you should consult your general practitioner to rule out any more serious health problems.