The onion, this vegetable that many people love and many others watch with suspicion in their daily meals, belongs to the lily family. Generally, because of its strong flavor, it is only used as a condiment in the daily diet of every household in the world. However, the onion is much more than that. For example, onion juice has powerful properties.
Although few believe, the nutrients in this vegetable are quite amazing and have several medicinal uses that we often do not know how to appreciate.
First of all, we must know that onion brings many benefits. In this article, we present you several.
The benefits of onion
- The onion contains large amounts of allicin, an element known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, as well as to promote circulation.
- It has anticancer properties.
- It is a source of minerals (sulfur, phosphorus, potassium and magnesium) and vitamins (C, E, B6 and folic acid).
- It lowers blood sugar.
Now, keeping this in mind, we can start talking about ways we can take advantage of onions, beyond using them as a condiment in our meals.
One of the most popular, and the one we will detail in this article, is onion juice.
Yes, his name does not really sound pleasant, but his preparation is quite simple and the contributions he brings to the body are quite extensive.
Did you know: How to prepare celery to fight against constipation
The first thing to do is to get two or three medium or large onions , depending on how much juice you want to extract.
Then we have to prepare some utensils so as not to complicate the preparation of the juice.
- 1 sharp knife
- Juice extractor or blender
- 1 glass jar of medium size
- 1 strainer for mounting the jug
- Cut both ends of the onions and remove the outer layer.
- Wash them thoroughly.
- Cut them into six parts.
- Add the pieces to the extractor or blender and mix for a few minutes.
- Filter the juice and pour it into the container.
Once we have prepared our juice, we can talk about its qualities and when and how to consume it.
It is usually used to strengthen the hair in the long run .
- Take about 20 ml of the juice you have extracted and apply it on the scalp. Then, massage the area for 20 minutes, trying that the liquid covers all of the hair.
- After completing these two steps, leave the mask on the hair for about an hour before washing your hair normally.
- This process should be applied at least three times a week . Thus, the results will be visible during the second month of application.
It can also be used on the skin. Some grandparents recommend placing a little onion scorched skin . The younger ones tend to look at them strangely, do not they?
But seniors are often right. But the difference is that we will use a less rudimentary method.
First, prepare an ointment.
- Place a tablespoon of the onion extract in a cup with another tablespoon of honey.
- Combine the ingredients until a homogeneous mixture.
Then apply as follows:
- Place the onion and honey mask on the part where the spots, stretch marks or burns that you want to eliminate are.
- Wait 20 minutes and wash thoroughly with water.
- It is very important to protect yourself from the sun to achieve the desired results.
- Repeat once a week until the marks disappear.
These are the two most common ways to implement onion juice. However, we will put others online for you to enjoy.
When there are insect bites, the juice is very useful because it reduces the itching in the affected area, thus reducing the discomfort.
And finally, it is also good for fighting fungi on the skin. It should only be applied for about 15 minutes a day until the fungus is gone.