Benefits of salmon : Eating salmon is one of the best options when you want a healthy lifestyle without stopping eating delicious things.
Salmon is low in saturated fat and contains omega-3 fatty acids, which boosts the heart’s health.
Moreover, its taste is delicious and enchants the palate. It is advisable to eat fish twice a week.
In this article, we will explain everything about the properties, benefits and possible preparations of this fish.
Take note and find out why you need to eat regularly!
Nutritional properties of salmon
- This fish contains large amounts of omega-3 fatty acids that help lower cholesterol levels.
It is great if your tests show high levels or if you have a history of diseases related to this disorder.
- For 100 grams of salmon, you get 11 grams of healthy fats. Healthy seeds help your body gain energy and carry out your daily activities.
If you are afraid of eating fat because you do not want to gain weight, know that your body needs healthy fats found in foods like avocado or salmon.
- It is a source of mineral proteins such as magnesium, iodine, selenium, phosphorus, iron and calcium, as well as vitamins, which contribute to the proper functioning of the thyroid gland and intestine.
- Thanks to its large amount of vitamin D, salmon helps in the formation of the bone structure and strengthens the bones.
If you have problems with calcium deficiency or a history of osteoporosis , you should consume enough calcium and vitamin D.
This is the best way to avoid fractures and problems with the passage of time.
Read also : 7 reasons to eat cucumber juice
- Because it is rich in omega-3 acids, salmon fight against high blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart attack.
- It reduces the risk of cardiac arrhythmia and reaches more stable beats.
- It helps and stimulates the blood flow, and prevents the formation of clots.
- Thanks to its high vitamin A content, it fights infections and helps repair muscle tissue.
- It improves brain health as well as memory. It is great to eat this type of fish if in your family, there is a history of Alzheimer ‘s dementia or other degenerative diseases that affect the brain.
- It prevents cholesterol from sticking to the walls of blood vessels.
The contributions of salmon for beauty
- Among the benefits of salmon are its anti-inflammatory properties that fight against premature aging of the skin.
- The alpha-linolenic acid that is present in omega-3 reduces flaccidity and prevents the skin from drying out. This allows to have a soft and tense skin.
- It allows the absorption of vitamins C and E that help regenerate the skin, muscles and hair.
- Thanks to its properties, salmon helps us fight against skin problems such as rosacea, psoriasis and skin cancer.
- It reduces the effects and damage caused by the sun’s rays on the skin.
The best options for eating salmon
To take full advantage of the benefits of salmon, the most advisable is to cook it in a healthy way: steaming, grilling or baking.
In addition, you must accompany it with a good portion of vegetables.
If you fry it, maybe it will lose some of its properties and you will add fats that will not bring benefits or improve its taste.
We will give you a salmon recipe that you can prepare at home. It is very simple to prepare and your health will thank you.
See also this article:7 foods to avoid if you suffer from acid reflux
Baked salmon with lemon
- 1 spoonful of olive oil (16 g)
- Provencal herbs
- 1 salmon fillet
- 1 lemon
- Salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C
- On a baking sheet, pour olive oil and Provencal herbs.
- Clean the fish to make sure there are no edges and put it on the plate.
- Cut the lemon into slices a little thick so that they give more flavor once it is in the oven and divide them on the salmon.
- Put the plate in the oven and cook for 10 to 20 minutes. Do not exceed this time so that the salmon is not too dry.
You can also control the cooking by pricking the fish with a fork.
- Once the time is up, take it out of the oven and it’s ready to be served! You can accompany it with rice or baked potatoes and a good green salad.
To eat salmon in a healthy and delicious way, simply cook it in the oven and accompany it with spices or herbs. You can vary the associations to find the one you like the most.
In view of the many benefits of this fishand its ease of preparation, you have no excuse not to include it in your diet!
Its delicious taste and the reasons we gave you surely convinced you!