Psoriasis is a chronic skin condition that is difficult to treat and worsens with age . Any factor can trigger or aggravate an outbreak, such as a food, a stressful situation, or a sudden change in weather.
Discover in this article the 7 best natural and effective remedies to prevent and fight psoriasis. With patience and perseverance, we can stop the progression of this pathology or even notice a noticeable improvement.
If we are going to do a natural treatment of psoriasis, we have to take into account the factors that influence this disease.
As with any health problem, the food must be healthy and the nervous system must be balanced. In addition, we should avoid toxic habits such as smoking or alcohol, and exercise regularly.
The right diet
Food is essential to fight against psoriasis because it could be one of its main causes.
- Increase the consumption of natural foods (fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains).
- Avoid the consumption of refined flours.
- Replace white sugar with natural sweeteners (stevia, coconut sugar, honey, etc.).
- Reduce pre-cooked, fried and packaged products.
- Avoid dairy products.
Nerves and stress
Nervous disorders, such as anxiety or stress, also condition this condition. In addition, they can trigger point attacks of inflammation and itching.
- Perform a physical exercise two or three times a week.
- Rest well at night.
- Take Bach flowers .
- If necessary, opt for relaxing medicinal plants (lemon balm, passionflower, linden).
Remedies for psoriasis
1. Cataplasm of cucumber and clay
Clay is a very beneficial natural product for treating psoriasis for three reasons:
- It reduces inflammation.
- Clay absorbs and removes toxins from the skin.
- It provides minerals.
However, clay can also dry the skin, which does not suit us in the case of this skin problem.
For this reason, we recommend mixing it with cucumber juice instead of water. In this way, the poultice will also provide hydration; the freshness and the relief of the skin.
2. Licorice bath
Licorice has an effect similar to that of cortisone. However, it does not have its side effects for health.
In this way, it is presented as an excellent natural remedy for a soothing bath, especially if we suffer from psoriasis in different parts of the body.
Seawater is one of the simplest and most economical natural remedies we can use. Its great remineralizing power, as well as its antiseptic and alkalizing properties, make it an ideal option for application on the skin.
- The ideal would be to take a bath on the beach. However, we can also apply it with a spray.
4. Carrot coating
The carrot , rich in antioxidants, is very beneficial for all types of skin problems.
- For this reason, we can grate it, wrap it in a cloth and apply this plaster on the affected area.
- We must be consistent and do it every day to notice its benefits.
5. Aloe vera indoors and outdoors
The aloe vera is an essential plant for us. Taken in juice, it promotes a good function of the intestine. This organ is very related to psoriasis and we should try to get a good evacuation.
Similarly, its topical application is also optimal because it soothes, moisturizes and regenerates the skin.
6. Flaxseed oil
The omega 3 essential fatty acids found in flax are very beneficial for the health of the skin, especially for psoriasis. They nourish us from the inside and prevent drying and itching.
- We can consume the oil in capsules or in ground seed.
- However, we must keep in mind that it oxidizes easily.
7. Coconut oil and geranium
The coconut oil extra virgin is a very effective fat to control psoriasis, with its fatty acids.
- In combination with essential oil of geranium, we obtain a natural product that nourishes dry skin, facilitates the regeneration of the dermis and reduces inflammation.
To discover too