Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important for your physical and emotional well-being. That’s why in this article we want to offer healthy recipes, easy to prepare and always delicious.
Mixing with steamed vegetables gives you a delicious dish that you can enjoy alone or with your favorite foods.
Recipes of mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables
1. Mashed potatoes with celery
Let’s start by making a special preparation of mashed potatoes with a touch of celery . Already in itself, mashed potatoes is a meal we all love. But it never hurts to give it a special flavor. You want to lift your morale ?
- Salt (according to taste)
- 1 bag of potatoes (500 g)
- A branch of celery (300 g)
- 1 bottle of whole milk (150 ml)
- 1 plate of butter (125 g)
- Wash the potatoes and put them with their skin in water in a saucepan.
- Add a little salt and cook for 30 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, peel the celery bulb and cut it into pieces.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the water and peel them while still hot.
- Mix the potatoes and celery and pass them in the potato masher until you get a very fine cream.
- Pass this cream in a saucepan and add the butter.
- Heat over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Put the milk to heat and before it starts to boil, add it to the cream.
- It’s ready ! You already have your delicious mashed potatoes with a touch of celery.
You can use other vegetables and plants, but remember that it is still a puree.
Now that we have our mashed potatoes and know how to vary them, let’s continue with the varieties of steamed vegetables to accompany them.
2. Steamed vegetable in gratin
With this simple dish, you only get about 60 calories per serving.
- 1 piece of Oaxaca cheese (250 g)
- 1 small cup of sweet corn (125 g)
- 3 carrots (60 g)
- 1 broccoli (300 g)
- Wash and disinfect the vegetables well.
- Chop the vegetables into small pieces.
- Collect all the ingredients in aluminum foil and wrap them.
- Cook the vegetables in a saucepan over medium heat for 20 minutes.
Serve these steamed vegetables with your mashed potatoes to accompany your white meat or pasta.
3. Chicken stuffed with steamed vegetables
Here, we’ve incorporated the stuffed breast into our steamed vegetables and mashed potatoes. We offer you this healthy recipe.
Ingredients (for part)
- Variety of vegetables according to your taste (to prepare the steam)
- Chicken breast fillets (250 g)
- Ground grilled bread (300 g)
- Ham (200 g)
- 1 egg (60 g)
- Place the amount of ham and yellow cheese you like on the sliced breast.
- Then dip the breast slice several times in a scrambled egg in a bowl.
- Then place it on toast.
- Fry everything in a pan with a little oil.
- At the end, drain well and serve with your steamed vegetables and mashed potatoes. Enjoy your meal !
4. Salmon steamed with vegetables in butter
We found this dish and loved it. It is incredibly easy to prepare, very delicious and nutritious. However, we want to warn you that the recipe includes holy leaves.
It is a plant that is usually found in Mexico. If you live in a Latin American community, you will probably find it in your local store.
But do not worry if you do not find it. The salmon steamed is delicious even without the holy leaves. So, rest assured!
- Twigs of epazote
- 1/4 onion (55 g)
- 1/4 salmon (55 g)
- 5 holy sheets (10 g)
- 1 red tomato (220 g)
- Butter and salt (according to taste)
- Cover the salmon with butter evenly. Place a sacred leaf on an aluminum foil and put the salmon on top.
- Cut the chilli in slices, the onion in julienne and mix the salmon with the branches of épazote.
- If you wish, you can add a few drops of consommé.
- Cover the salmon with the holy leaves using aluminum foil.
- Put it in a hot skillet and leave it on for 15 minutes until it starts steaming on the foil. Now serve it with our mashed potatoes and enjoy.